- Introduction and definitions
- Compliance with the regulations in force
- Processing controller
- Purpose of processing Users' personal data/a>
- Type of data gathered through Servicios El País
- Data shared with third parties
- Newsworthy individuals
- Users' rights
- Conservation term of data
- Authorisation for data processing
Introduction and definitions
Servicios El País comprises services, products and promotional activities, whether free of charge or for a price, consisting of the access to the various information, contents, commercial, editorial and corporate communications, programmes, applications, shops, websites, video on demand or similar items.
- Browsing as a User on any pages of El País or mobile applications of El País.
- Access as a User to any of the contents through any other mediums or Services of El País.
- Browsing via any device allowing access to the contents or to Servicios El País, such as computers, digital TV, Smart TVs, PDAs, Tablets, iPads, iPhones, cell phones, Smartphones, subscriptions via Social Media or any other means of access to the contents made available on the internet.
- Browsing and enjoyment of Servicios El País from any country in the world, whether they are Services located in the country of access or in another country.
Compliance with the regulations in force
El País, being located in Spain, is subject to compliance with Spanish and European regulations in the field of data protection and information society services.
Therefore, El País at all times guarantees the complete and full compliance with the obligations provided by the data protection and information society services regulations, as well as by any other laws supplementing or replacing the foregoing.
The personal data gathered via Servicios El País shall be incorporated to a file controlled by Ediciones El País, S.L., a Spanish company with registered office at Calle Miguel Yuste, 40 – 28027 Madrid, with Tax ID No. B-85635910, entered at the Mercantile Register of Madrid in volume 26,455, folio 157, section 8, sheet M-476760, 1st entry (hereinafter, El País).
El País, as a company that is part of Grupo PRISA, has voluntarily designated a Data Protection Delegate through whom the User may forward claims, complaints and suggestions in relation to the processing of their personal data, as well as exercising their rights. To this end, the User may use the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purpose of processing Users' personal data
The data furnished by Users of PRISA Services will be used for several purposes which are listed below:
- Providing a personalized Service to the User, adapting said Services to their personal and geographical profile, as well as to their preferences and taste.
- Defining user types, segments and profiles, as well as providing, handling, administrating, extending and improving the Services and/or contents provided in Servicios El País, by analysing the use of the Services by the Users.
- Showing editorial or commercial information specifically defined for the profile inferred from the use of Servicios El País by the User, both related to own services and third-party services, belonging to any Sector, with which El País may reach agreements. Said profile may also be inferred according to the geographic location of the device or terminal from which Servicios El País are used; however, you will always be asked for a prior, specific authorisation to process said information.
- Designing new services that may be of interest to you.
- Handling the incidents and maintenance of Servicios El País.
Type of data gathered through Servicios El País
El País will gather data on the User via their use of Servicios El País.
These data will be linked mainly to the IP address from which they access Servicios El País or to a user code allocated unilaterally by El País. These data may be considered personal data insofar as they allow the User to be identified or render them identifiable.
In this way, El País may link the following information to said data:
- Use and browsing data. For statistical and advertising purposes, to control the use of our pages, to control access to services by third parties via Servicios El País and to improve knowledge on the User's interests, use and browsing data will be gathered in relation to what Service is used by the User, how and when they use it, what type of User they are, or whether they access an advertisement shown on any of the Servicios El País.
- User interests and profile inferred from browsing or use of Servicios El País, as well as information on the access device, the equipment model, the operating system version, sole device or connection identifiers, data on the mobile network, as well as errors, system activity, hardware adjustments, browser type, browser language, data and time when connection is requested, reference URL, cookies and other data storage and retrieval devices in terminal equipment (as explained in the COOKIES POLICY), allowing the identification and the User's browser and device, as well as making analytical studies showing personalized information according to the result of said studies, both in own and other services. Registration in any of the Servicios El País implies the express acceptance without any reservations of the COOKIES POLICY.
- Servicios El País also use technology to identify and monitor users, for instance tiny, transparent images inserted in web pages and applications. When the User accesses any of these contents, the images are downloaded into their device and make it known that the User has accessed Servicios El País, recognising them if they access again. This information is used to compile statistics, make analytical studies on the use of services by the Users, and to show personalized editorial or commercial information according to the result of said studies, both in own and other services.
- Servicios El País may also provide links to third-party services marked with a code so that said third parties may detect that said user has come from Servicios El País.
- Information on the territory from which the connection to Servicios El País originated, in order to personalize said services and, as the case may be, verify the availability of the right to display certain audiovisual contents.
Data shared with third parties
El País shall not assign Users' personal data to any third parties without a legal foundation authorising said processing.
Minors below the age of 14 must not use Servicios El País without the consent of their parents or guardians.
If El País detects users who might be less than 14 years of age, it reserves the right to ask them for a copy of their Spanish ID Card or an equivalent document or, as the case may be, the authorisation of their parents or guardians.
The news items included on this Website may contain personal data of newsworthy individuals because of their public relevance, their public renown or because of circumstances arising from facts of public interest in which they are involved.
Personal data shall be obtained via the research and journalistic resources available to this medium, consisting of the relevant data to draw up said news items.
The legal foundation authorising the processing of personal data of newsworthy individuals is the need to fulfil a mission carried out in the public interest. Personal data shall be processed indefinitely over time.
The User may exercise the rights of access, rectification, erasure, objection, portability and limitation, by writing to El País, by post sent to the address of El País, accrediting their identity with a scanned copy of their Spanish ID Card or an equivalent document, specifying the right they wish to exercise. It is recommended that the User provide all the information on the Servicios El País they use or have used in order to adequately handle their request.
Conservation term of data
The personal data of the User shall be processed actively as long as they retain their status as a User of Servicios El País; that is, as long as they do not exercise their right of erasure.
If they exercise their right of erasure, their data shall be blocked and conserved in a restricted manner, at the disposal of the relevant authorities, during a term of 5 years in order to meet any liabilities arising from the processing.
Authorisation for data processing
The legal foundation authorising the aforesaid processing is the legitimate interest of El País.
© EDICIONES EL PAIS, S.L. Miguel Yuste, 40 – 28037 Madrid.